Skip to main content
Note: Please also see Introduction to Earnings for sellers.
HostJane is completely free to use. There are no setup, listing, monthly or any ongoing fees to sell a Service with your Skill.
We strive to be a safe, secure environment which protects both sellers and buyers.
To operate our platform and provide marketing, hosting and payment services to Buyers and Sellers, we charge a Marketplace Fee on finalized sales of Services after Buyer approval and on tips.
The current Marketplace Fee
- 20% on the Service Cost of Listings (Regular and Online Lessons)
- 20% on Service Cost of Custom Orders
- 20% on Tips.
Sellers retain a guaranteed 80% on all Sales including listings, custom orders and tips, because HostJane pays all credit card processing and bank fees.
Example: Alison is a PHP geek. Her listing offers a bug fixing service at $100 per order. Bill is her first Buyer. Alison pays no fees, and makes $80 coding on Bill's site.
With HostJane, Sellers have full control of their independent business.
- Sellers set their Service cost
- Control if the Buyers own the rights to their Final Work, or charge a license fee
- Define their service and rules
- Control their schedule
- Control who becomes a customer with no penalties for rejecting orders (buyers have to pay upfront to book Sellers)
- Control time limits and number of revisions
- Define the type and extent of any extras
To receive your Payout, Sellers will need a valid email address, a PayPal or bank account.
To open a Studio, get started in any skills category you can add a new Service here: https://www.hostjane.com/sell